Solutions to Exercises, Slide Presentations, Videos and Other Learning Resources
In the section I will progressively post helpful learning resources created as a consequence of this book.
Solutions to exercises
It is not my intention to publish a comprehensive set of solutions to the exercises in this book. Many of the exercises can be approached in different ways and I think it is important that readers apply their learning without being constrained to an example solution.
However, I have made a place available where readers can contribute their solutions to exercises for the benefit of other readers. If you are interested in seeing submitted solutions, or requesting or submitting a solution yourself, please visit https://solutions.peopleanalytics-regression-book.org.
I encourage you to contribute your learning and expertise by considering submitting a solution to a discussion question or data exercise.
Here are a set of links to slide presentations, videos and interactive tutorials I have developed for various teaching sessions related to the book:
- Statistical Inference and Regression Analysis using R: Xaringan slide presentation covering hypothesis testing, linear and binomial logistic regression.
- Linear Regression for Analysis and Prediction: Xaringan slide presentation explaining linear regression using a popular data set on advertising.
- Introduction to Binomial Logistic Regression for Inference on Binary Outcomes: Xaringan slide presentation explaining binomial logistic regression using a speed dating example.
- Explaining Performance Ratings Using Proportional Odds Regression: Xaringan slide presentation using proportional odds logistic regression to explain performance ratings. Video of this session here.
- Multinomial Logistic Regression and Batch Modeling with the Tidyverse: Xaringan slide presentation focused on multinomial logistic regression and covering ‘tidy’ approaches to modeling.
- Regression Analysis: The ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of Advanced People Analytics: Xaringan slide presentation on various regression methods with a deep dive on proportional odds logistic regression.
- Regression Modeling in People Analytics: Survival Analysis: Xaringan slide presentation on various regression methods with a deep dive on survival analysis. Video of this session here.
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing: Interactive tutorial for beginners.